5.27.2008

Memorial Day

Yesterday for Memorial Day Tim and I visited the Fort Mitchell National Cemetery here in Alabama. It amazed me the number of soldiers buried there and how it looks like Arlington National Cemetery.




I randomly chose headstones, but Tim noticed the Medal of Honor recipient.





While deployed to Iraq from June 2006-September 2007 my husbands unit (3rd Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division) lost many great soldiers. I searched for a list of all the names, which I could not find. My husband was friends with some of the men who lost their lives while fighting for our freedom. I do not want to list their names without the others. However, I did find a photo of a memorial that was built in their honor (as well as those lost from the unit's 2004 deployment).


Photo Copyright Jason Kaye/Northwest Guardian

Please take a moment to remember all those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country. They were husbands and wives, sons and daughters, fathers and mothers, brothers and sisters, and friends. Each and every one will be greatly missed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Lisette, for sharing these pictures and your wonderful message. You are not only a great photographer but you are also a very caring American and military wife. God Bless.

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

i LOVE these images! so touching.

Lisette Price Photography said...

Joyce - Your comment brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for your kind words!

David & Kimi - Thank you!! I would love to take some of Arlington as well, but little did I realize this one was so close to me until Memorial Day.

About Lisette

My photo
Clarksville, TN, United States
Wedding, Senior, and Lifestyle Photographer