4.16.2008

Remember Virginia Tech

Today marks the first anniversary of the day that took 32 innocent lives and forever changed Virginia Tech. I graduated from VT in 2005 and my brother is currently a student there. I still remember finding out from the news what was happening as it unfolded and frantically calling my brother to make sure he was okay. Thank God he was and that no one we personally knew was injured. However, my heart still aches for those who lost their loved ones that morning.

Virginia Tech was an amazing college to attend and I have so many memories from my 4 years there. I never felt unsafe on campus and still do not even to this day. What an amazing community we have that extends across campus and to each and every alumni across the world. We Are Virginia Tech and those lives lost on 4.16.07 will never be forgotten.

Megan (my brothers girlfriend), my brother Aaron, and I signing the memorials on 4.20.07.




Individuals memorials that have since been replaced with Hokie Stone memorials, Burruss Hall (with Norris Hall - where the second shootings occurred - to the right), and tents over memorials to be signed.



We Are Virginia Tech ~ 4.16.07



EDIT:
My friend Lauren posted this video on her blog and I had to do the same once I saw it. She was able to visit VT yesterday and capture some amazing pictures. She also wrote about her take on 4.16.07 and her words are just beautiful. Be sure to check out her blog as well: Lauren M. Via Photography



1 comment:

Over the Moon Custom Design said...

I love you... my Hokie sister. Wow, we had great times at that University! I join with you in prayer for the University and in remembrance of the 32.

About Lisette

My photo
Clarksville, TN, United States
Wedding, Senior, and Lifestyle Photographer