2.26.2008

Lisette Model (1901-1983)

"The camera is an instrument of detection. We photograph not only what we know, but also what we don’t know" - Lisette Model

While doing a google search for myself (I was trying to see if it would pull up my website - and it does!) I stumbled across a photographer who shares my name. I found it quite interesting so I did some research. Lisette Model was an amazing photographer whose work has been published in P.M. Magazine, Look, The Ladies Home Journal, Vogue, The Saturday Evening Post, Popular Photography, Modern Photography, U. S. Camera, Cosmopolitan to name a few. Her work really inspires me. I love her candid approach to "street photography" and how she found beauty among what others may not consider beautiful. I found it odd that she died in 1983 - the same year that I was born. God keeps showing me that photography is what I am supposed to be doing and for that I'm so thankful! To see a biography of Lisette Model look here and here.

A few of my favorites:






4 comments:

megan.deann said...

I Love those pictures! That's a very random thing that she passed the same year you were born! Life is very strange sometimes...but I think you're doing an amazing thing by following your dreams and making them come true! You rock! =) haha Love ya!

Megan

Lisette Price Photography said...

I know! It's so strange. Thanks so much for the sweet comment :)

Over the Moon Custom Design said...

Wow.... that is too neat! Don't you love when God speaks to us in such unexpected ways! What a blessing!

I'm so proud of you!!!


50 years from now some new young photographer will be giving honors to you... Lisette Price... on her blog (if they have blogs 50 years from now)haha!

Lisette Price Photography said...

Haha I love you Lauren! I can only hope for that 50 years from now :) And it is amazing the ways that God speaks to us!

About Lisette

My photo
Clarksville, TN, United States
Wedding, Senior, and Lifestyle Photographer