7.19.2008

Traffic & Business Cards

I just loooooove....Atlanta traffic!!!! Oh yeah.....



Today I drove up to Snellville, GA (just north of Atlanta) to shoot a wedding with Ryan Gibson of LightScape Photography. It was an early ceremony that started at 12pm and the reception was over at 5pm. So I load up my gear and my GPS (her name is Eulene!) tells me that I'll arrive home at 7:15pm. Wrong Eulene...you were wrong. I pulled in the garage at 8:45pm. That's right y'all, I sat in stop and go Atlanta traffic for an hour and a half. Bummer! However on a positive note (I promise I'm not crazy and I can't believe I'm going to type this....) I gave away a business card in that traffic. Oh yes, always advertising! Here's how: I'm stuck in this traffic and I look over to the car next to me and I see a beautiful girl driving and I see a gorgeous engagement ring. I thought to myself... "I should give her my business card!" Well I end up passing her and she's a little ways behind me. Once she caught back up to me I rolled down my window and waved until she noticed me and then motioned for her to roll down her window. She had to think I was crazy, but heck I look friendly and not like some freak (or at least I hope!). Anyways, conversation goes like this:

Me: "Are you engaged??"
Her: "Yes......."
Me: "Do you have a wedding photographer yet?"
Her: laughing! "No."

....and then I told her that I was a wedding photographer and that I saw her beautiful ring and wanted to give her my card. So she pulls as close to me as she can and then I crawl across my car to give it to her. Meanwhile we are still in traffic mind you. I mean I just couldn't let sitting in Atlanta traffic go to waste!

Sooooo if you are the bride-to-be from the interstate and you are reading this....I'd love to shoot your wedding! :)


**By the way guys, I have a new blog design that I'm super excited about. Be on the lookout because I'll be going live with it soon!**

14 comments:

DD said...

That is so funny, but a good use of time! Maybe she will call you, because having already "met" you can make a difference. Have you thought about having vinyl graphics put on your car?

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

that was the funniest most awesome story!!!! we do that all the time (check for engagement rings :) have yet to do that in traffic! but if she hires you how killer would that story be?!

Anonymous said...

Bwwwahhhhahahaha... Wedding photographer solicits brides on the freeway! Now THAT'S funny!

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome story! My husband and I were stuck in ATL traffic yesterday too. Good job on taking advantage of a frustrating situation! :)

Lisette Price Photography said...

Darla - I've thought about magnets since they're removable, but I wouldn't want to accidentally cut someone off and then have that associated with my business. haha I'm even against personalized tags. :)

David & Kimi - It would definitely be a funny story to tell! haha

Jamie - Oh yeah! I'll have to think of another crazy location to advertise so I can blog about it too!

Rhonda - Frustrating is the word for that mess. I'm sorry you guys had to deal with it too!

Anonymous said...

always working too huh? :)

Lemiga Events said...

That is a GREAT story - now that's what I call networking. I can't wait to see the new blog!

Anonymous said...

Really funny story! Just wanted to say working with you Saturday was a lot of fun, and I hope we get to work together in the future.

Autumn

Lisette Price Photography said...

John - Most definitely!

Michelle (Lemiga Event Planning) - I'm excited to reveal it!

Autumn - I hope you two didn't get caught in it as well. It was great meeting you and I had a great time with you guys! :)

Monkey said...

That is the most awesome advertising story ever! I just had to write you and ask you if you were as surprised and upset as me that Kherington got kicked off SYTYCD?! I was shocked and mad too!
I don't think I've ever asked you this question, (forgive me if I have) but did you create your own custom template for this blog? Do you know how to get the pictures to be really large?
Again sorry, if I asked that.
Also, I started up my photoblog...it's at www.monkeybeanphotos.com check it out. :)

Lisette Price Photography said...

Monkey - Yes! I was upset too. I really thought it should have been Comfort...oh well! :( Chelsie is my favorite girl, so as long as she's still in it! Yes, I designed this blog by playing around *forever* with the html code of the free denim template. I'm still not satisfied with it! I also host my images through my website with ftp. You can also host in flickr if you don't have a web host. Send me your email address and I'll explain it to you! :)

Monkey said...

Hey thanks for the offer to help!! I can't tell you how much that means to me...my email is bymonkeybean@yahoo.com

Ryan Gibson Photography said...

That's an awesome story Lisette! I certainly hope she calls you. We were fortunate enough not to hit any traffic and made it home in record time (I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging or anything hehe). Autumn and I had a great time working with you on Saturday.

Lisette Price Photography said...

Ryan - Sure you're not bragging! lol I had a great time working with you both as well. I hope to work with you guys again soon!

About Lisette

My photo
Clarksville, TN, United States
Wedding, Senior, and Lifestyle Photographer