5.08.2008

The Joy List - I've been tagged!

I've just been tagged by Amanda to write my Joy List. :) Here's what she has to say about it on her blog:

"...we all made something called "The Joy List." It is a concept Josh's (her hubby) Dad created where you make a list of anything and everything that you can think of that brings you JOY. Then you give it to all the people in your life that you love and spend time with. That way they can do things that bring you joy! Anyways it sounds so simple, but it really helps people connect and do things that make someone else's day! So let me hear your Joy List and then post it on your blog and tag some people to share their Joy List!! Lets spread some Joy and be in each others Balcony!!"

Yay!! This is so fun and such a good idea! So here goes....this is my Joy List.

1. Jesus
2. My husband, family, and friends – and spending time with them
3. Photography and pictures
4. Cookie dough ice cream – maybe a little too much!
5. Camping and sitting by the fire with my hubby
6. Singing to the top of my lungs in my car
7. A glass of red wine
8. My pups Raven and Murphy
9. Hiking
10. All things girly – makeup, perfume, jewelry, new high heels
11. Antique stores with amazing finds
12. Fresh flowers
13. Virginia Tech and being in Blacksburg – Go Hokies!
14. The beach and the mountains
15. Weddings
16. Strawberries dipped in chocolate
17. Planning – I am a planner!
18. The internet – again a little too much! haha
19. Coach purses
20. When anything is clean – house, car, etc.
21. Seeing the sun rise
22. Grey’s Anatomy, Friends, Army Wives, The Office, etc.
23.The smell of fresh cut grass
24. Summer time and sunny days
25. Christmas with family
26. My beautiful niece Adryana
27. Meeting new people who become friends!
28. Handwritten mail (emails too)
29. Reese Witherspoon - most of her movies and how she campaigns
for young girls to be intelligent and not look up to certain celebs!
30. Mexican food
31. Acting like a kid just because :)
32. Airplane rides
33. Shopping (just not for groceries – people drive me crazy in there!)
34. Traveling to new places
35. Phone calls from friends out of the blue
36. Days when my husband and I have nothing to do
37. Upbeat music
38. All things Southern – accents, food, music. What can I say? I was raised on it :)
39. Decorating
40. Climbing trees – I haven’t done this since I was a kid, but hey I’m up for it!
41. Going to the fair. I don’t know why but I still love it!

For me as well, there are so many, many things that make me happy, but these are just a few. It was great thinking about these things and how I should involve more of them in each day. Besides, life is too short to not do what makes you happy. It's also too short to not make others happy! I mean hey - we're all in this together! Soooo what's your Joy list? :)

3 comments:

OHANA PHOTOGRAPHERS said...

lisette these are so much fun to read. they just make you smile :)
+1 to mexican food, summer and days with NOTHING to do!!!!
not on my joy list...catching up with editing ect. :) hopefully when i do get caught up i can do one of these.

Amanda Suanne said...

Yeah so fun!!! I think I everything on your Joy list brings me Joy too!! I love it! We have soo much in common and I cant wait to hang out again soon!!! Much Love!

Amanda Su

Amanda Suanne said...

Yeah so fun!!! I think I everything on your Joy list brings me Joy too!! I love it! We have soo much in common and I cant wait to hang out again soon!!! Much Love!

Amanda Su

About Lisette

My photo
Clarksville, TN, United States
Wedding, Senior, and Lifestyle Photographer